I really enjoy listening to Sara Groves during the times when it's just me and God. I listened to Sara while lounging on a blanket in the middle of Lawther Field. Those are sweet memories. The Hawkeye blanket, spring time at UNI--the best time, headphones playing Sara, drinking deep the Word. Ahh! It's like an ice cold beverage on a hot, hot day.Ok, so here's where you come in. Anyone out there in blog-land. What do you listen to? What music invokes sweet memories with the Lord? My other question is : what is some current music that is just amazing?? I'm interested to know what else is out there...
2 comments:
Bah! Nothing beats SGroves!!!
I am really into David Crowder Band, Leeland, and The Fray right now Deb...i've gone from lyrics rocking my boat into music rocking my boat. It's weird. i still like music w/ way good lyrics, but for some reason, new sounds are making my worship come alive! Like a really strong drum pattern, or a really awesome vocal...portion. I dunno. Anyways. it's fun.
oh to be college students on lawther field again! :) miss you deb.
Thanks for giving me some ideas! I was really curious b/c I've been wanting something NEW!
Hey, you wanna play ultimate frisbee in Lawther field? I can blast some tunes from the perfectly placed 280E window. Best view on campus!
Post a Comment