Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What I did this summer...a report by Me

These are some of the pictures I took this summer. I definitely don't claim to have any talent in this area, but I really enjoyed doing it. If you need anyone to take pictures at your wedding or the next special occassion, let me know! I'll do it with a smile!



p.s. today i ran in the rain. i almost stayed inside, but then i remembered that kelli said she loves running in the rain, so i did. it was enjoyable because i never got too hot. i was soaked though. also today: i went to watch a softball game. i love softball! i wanted to be out on that field so bad. i was beaming the whole game--i loved everything about it. Next summer's to do list: join a softball team. also today: luke and i sang "Call me Al" by Paul Simon at the top of our lungs. i also loved this part of the day. we both really like that song, but for different reasons. I like it because it reminds me of my Allison. My dear Al-Pal.

Luke likes that song because it reminds him of when he first heard it: in marching band. He told me all the parts he would play on his euphonium. I wish I would have known him when he played in marching band...if I only would have gone to more UNI football games...I still would not have known who Luke was because he was not even a glimmer in my eye yet. But I think the fact remains, I should have gone to more UNI football games. I think I only went to three. I went to two basketball games, but that's only because the Hawks were playing UNI...and they LOST both times! ugh! That is, Iowa lost, UNI won...yep, I'm still upset about the outcome of those games. Anyway, I wrote about this to say that I thought of you today, Al! You're wonderful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoy that song. The only reason I do is because I stole the Paul Simon - Love Songs and Negociations CD which is the best of such and such a decade. I don't think my parents noticed that it's gone, but it's tucked safely into my music collection to remain until the CD atoms dissipate and become Paul-Simon-singer-songwriter-folk-rock dust.

Deb said...

Miles! That's what CD we were listening to! I really enjoy it, so my suggestion to you is to pull it out of the closet, dust it off, and enjoy!

Kelli B said...

word to Allison La space Duke.

WoRD to running in the rain! That's awesome d to the ebbie!

loving you from the Metro...

Anonymous said...

Deb!!!

Oh how special I feel today that you mentioned me in your blog. I love that song 1) because it was so fun to play in pep band/marching band at UNI, and 2) because I remember the year on the day of my birthday when all of you came to the basketball game and cheered me on! It was so great! Thanks deb....I love you.

Jackie said...

Deb! Happy Anniversary! It's barely the fourteenth there, but we are well into it here. I miss you! Can you please send me an e-mail to let me know your e-mail address? j_zwiefel@yahoo.com would be mine. I have LOVED reading your blog. It is great to read what you and luke have been up to. I can't wait to see more photos from the summer! Miss ya tons!