Saturday, September 16, 2006

Clay County Fair

This weekend I was off to have some fun at the Clay County Fair in Spencer, Iowa. Luke and I left after school to go to Spirit Lake to meet some camp friends, and then move on to the fair. I'd never been to this fair and I was really excited. Here are some noteable noteables:

  • Joel Doeleslager...need I say more? I don't know how to spell his last name, but whenever he's around, the stars align and spell F.U.N. He was an excellent surprise on Friday night.
  • Pouring rain for most of the night. I was told I didn't get the complete fair experience, which I'll concede to. But I have to tell you, it was really fun! I ain't afraid of rain. I loved walking around in the coolness and freshness. I opted for tennis shoes and a hood before we left, so I was fine. We saw a great lightning show and felt sorry for the grandstand act that night. I love the rain.
  • A toy that gave me the biggest shock I have ever received, literally. After watching Keith, Luke, Joel, and possibly Bryan go down, I somehow thought I could handle holding onto a metal grip while Joel held the other end waiting for me to react. I must have thought they were being dramatic, or being wimps. So I held on, pushed a button, and dropped the grip with a scream. How can this game be safe for children? That's the last time I listen to Joel.
  • I think Joel gave me a backrub. I'm still not sure about that one. It was either him or Luke and they're both denying it. Creepy.
  • I had fair food: cotton candy and a funnel cake.
  • I was disgusted by the midway, but also intriged by the prizes you could win. By that I mean the stuffed animals or picture frames, not the photographs of unmentionable things.
  • Some girl checked out Bryan. That was funny. Debra watched it all go down.
  • Coughing sheep...HILARIOUS! An ISU pig...I Smell U. Soft bunnies. Horse hind quarters. Miniture ponies. GIANT rabbits!!!
  • The commercial building. Like one huge infomercial. So fun.

The fair was great. Other exciting happenings of the weekend: delicious scones. A HAWKEYE VICTORY OVER ISU! That's right. Saturday afternoon catch, and walks to the lake. Staying at staff house again. Seeing Debra, Mandy, Keith, Abby, Adam, Bryan, and Joel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! My brother and his fiance were at the Hawkeye game yesterday. :)
Have a good week!

Bryan said...

Someone checked me out? Was it Debra?

Deb said...

yup, you got checked out, Bryan. It wasn't Debra...sorry. Debra said it happened when we were walking through the midway and some older highschoolers, or younger college girls walked by. One girl almost tripped because her head was turned so far. hahaha.