
Tonight was the first ever SCCS talent show.

So many cools acts. First of all, my class this year has no school spirit, I'm pretty sure that's true. We just got done with a book fair. They had to meet a class goal so they could be in a competition for a pizza party. We were the only class that didn't meet our goal. C.R.A.P. Then tonight was the clincher when no one from my class was in the talent show. I was forced to cheer for my class from last year, who cleaned up big time. I wish they were still mine so I could brag. First, second, and third place, baby! Anyway, the whole night I felt like I was at a camp talent show. All I needed was a camera around my neck, and I might as well have been in the Tabernacle. (These are donated photos, in case you're confused) There were many acts tonight that were far better than the norm at UM Camp. I also felt like Holli Gregg much of the time when I was cheering for the kids. What does that mean, you ask? 1. The loudest one cheering. 2. Cheering no longer is limited to clapping and "whoo hoo!" It can now include, "That was great!" "Wow!" "I loved it!" (Has anyone else every laughed out loud at Holli at a Talent Show?) These things can also be shouted at any time during the act. 3. I'm not afraid to really participate and give all the encouragement possible, even if there was no talent involved. (I thought of you tonight, Holli!)

One of the coolest acts of the night: The girl you see in the sparkly, green dress is a third grader who sang "Here I am to Worship." Look closely and you will see she is of Asian descent. All these things made me think of college days' interaction with the Japenese students. That song was their favorite.
The talent show was a fundraiser for the senior class trip. It should definitely happen again. Where else can you see a first grader with a bow staff, Chuck Norris jokes, and mega hoola-hooping all in one night?
5 comments:
GAHHH!!! WHY WOULD YOU POST THAT PICTURE??? Ha! Remember that episode of "Tyra" when she kept saying, "that's huge..."??
yo deb - this is fantastic! so fun. i love it. even though none of your class member were there, it looks like it was a hit and a lot of fun. and that last girl in the green dress? absolutely ADORABLE! loved it.
Paige, you need to identify yourself. I racked my brain for MINUTES trying to figure out who in the world was talking about Tyra and why the pictures I posted were offensive. Then I remembered the funny episode of Tyra and laughed a lot. So, it's all good. Sorry bout the clowns. :)
haha, my heart smiled when you mentioned UMC&RC talent shows! I missed them this summer, I think even when I came to visit, the shows had already occurred....it's been too too long.
ok, now identification won't be a problem!! ;)
Post a Comment