Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Please Pray

This weekend Luke and I are going with the Sr. Highers from school to Lake Okoboji Camp and Retreat Center, for the school's annual Fall Spiritual Retreat. It is supposed to be a required thing, but many students are not excited about it and have made excuses not to come. This has left some of the other students that are going pretty bitter. Luke and I are chaparones along with his sister Charity, who works at the school, and her husband Paul. Also one of the parents is going. Luke will actually be the one in charge. I am asking for prayer, for anyone out there reading. I've recently discovered a bad attitude that I have toward the senior highers because I get tired of their disrespect and complaining and it seems to me that many times they are given too much freedom here at this private school. So, I just want to have the right attitude toward them. I want to be compassionate and to have the desire to form relationships with them. Also, pray for the students. I'm asking that the Lord would speak to their very hearts; that He would change them on the inside and that would affect their behavior outside where all can see it. We have a great speaker coming along who is pretty funny and interesting. Also, the leaders are all going to be young and easy to relate to, so hopefully this spiritual retreat will go from being something nobody wants to go to, to something that everyone looks forward to after they hear how fun it was, and how the Lord changed lives. We'll be gone all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. Well, thanks for reading and thanks for any prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray! I hope everything goes well and you enjoy your time back at camp!

Anonymous said...

We're praying, Deborah Puff.
GMSE&C

jw82itown01 said...

Hey this is jeremy Weeks, just wanted to say hi, shoot me an email.. Kelli Burrier or Marcus can get it to you.