Monday, May 21, 2007

Can't wait!

This is where I'm going this summer: Seward, Alaska! Check out this site: http://www.sewardak.org/ It's so beautiful!

P.S. I'm going to the Omaha Zoo this Wednesday and am looking for some company. It's a field trip, but all my kids will be with chaperones. Anybody want to spend some time with me at the zoo??? Just thought I'd ask.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

OK, so I went to this link & I'm so freaked out. You know how things that are just bigger than life scare me? Stuff that is incredibly enormous & just grand -- it's overwhelming & scary. 2 things ... I hope you don't see a whale's tail coming out of the ocean. SCARY! And the mountains -- whoa. Be careful, Deb. This is going to be a scary trip! : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and those buildings looked like they were on a deck. Definitely not safe!

Paigery said...

amanda told me today that "deb better be careful" because of the "scary" whale tail and mountains, b/c they are "bigger than normal". HA!

Deb said...

haha. Amanda this is too funny. It won't be scary! I'm nothing but excited for the solo plane ride, the boat tour, the hiking. I'm pumped. I have to admit though, that during that scene on Castaway where Tom in floating and a whale swims up next to him in the dead of night--nothing would scare me more than that!

Amanda said...

I rest my case. EXACTLY!

Anonymous said...

Okay, ladies...Seward is not scary. It is amazingly beautiful and magnificent. It will not be terrifying to see a whale tail, but instead awe-inspiring. I have to defend my current home because all of the things I have written are true. It may be larger than anything you have seen before but God made it all and he is bigger than all of it.

Amanda said...

Allison, I do not know you, but I wish I did! You are so sweet. What a dear heart. Thanks for hosting my sister! I hope you have so much fun on your Alaskan Adventure!

And Holli ... you make me smile.

Deborah, you have nice friends. : )

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you are Sam's mom, right? He's so fun. I think we may have met once on 4th of July like three years ago at your mother's house..:). Anyways, I am SO excited to have Deb and Kelli come here! You cannot imagine how great it will be. Wha-hoo!