Ah! Load up the bike and drive to Sioux City...this will be great.
I have no idea where the bike trail starts, but I think it's by the Pavillion.
I can't park where I want to, the road is blocked. I'll have to park here in the casino lot. It feels kinda weird to park in the casino lot.
What in the world is going on here? There are people everywhere!
I'll ask this man.
Hmmm, after my ride should I stay for the parade and fireworks? I'll decide later. I can't believe people are already gathering for this thing...it won't start for another 2 hours. I guess you have to in a place like Sioux City.
Whoa! Don't hit the little kids...just get off and walk it until you're clear.
Ok, all clear. How long will I ride? Honestly, I could go forever. The weather is great.
This is totally reminding me of the summer I rode my bike lots of times on the George Wyth bike trail in Cedar Falls...3 years ago.
That was before I was married. I lived with Paige. We watched Alias.
I've worked at camp since then. I wonder what they're doing at camp?
Ah. There's the river. Beautiful.
Whoa! Big bug! Duck! HA! Kelli would have freaked out!
It's fun to smile at all the people I see.
I love this part: the path is completely shaded by trees and it smells like Hidden Acres.
This must be where the path ends. Am I in South Dakota? Cool! A pool with a waterslide. Wow, this is going to be my new spot. Lots of grass to sit on and it all overlooks the pretty river.
Ok, heading back. Whoa, was that Liz Mathews?
Careful, that guy looks kinda scary. Look behind you...good he's not following you.
Why does it seem like there are more hills on the way back during every bike ride? Well, there probably isn't...it's just that I'm more tired. But my pace is still really good.
I'm back at the beginning. There are more people now. Loud music, mardi gras beads, colors, inflateables.
Boy, I'm glad I don't work at a public school. If I did I might know some of these people.
Maybe I should work at a public school because then I would know some of these people. So many are in need of a Christian influence it seems.
All done. I feel like I've just crossed through Arnold's Park...or Adventureland midway.
I'm not going to stay, there's just too many people and I have no friends to be with. Too bad Luke is at work.
4 comments:
Camp misses you.
So, was it Liz Mathews?
Oh, I miss Sioux City. I hope you enjoyed your bike ride. That's a great trail. I think you can make a 20 mile (or something crazy) loop through all 3 states if you wish. And you ran into the Mardi Gras celebration... that's a fun little party. :) Sounds like you're enjoying your summer!
And have fun in ALASKA!!!!!
How on earth did you blog WHILE riding your bike?! You are amazing.
Post a Comment