Today I got to make a batch of Almond biscotti dough! It was really exciting because I knew I could do it and I have complete confidence that it will make the best almond biscottis that store has ever seen! Oh yeah!
Luke got me flowers today. 20 red roses. Whoa. This is the most amount of flowers he has ever gotten me. He felt bad about missing dinner tonight because of work, and he missed out on cleaning. We're having our Bible study over tomorrow night and, I'm going to be honest, I feel the need to impress. Everyone in our Bible study is an architect, literally. So, Luke was feeling bad...and now he's bummed b/c our new TV has no signal coming in.
Speaking of new TV, anyone interested in having a "new to you" TV? We have a very nice TV that needs a new home. Here are the details if anyone is interested: 
This is a 30 in. widescreen 1080i tube TV. Comes with a free TV stand if you want it! I think Luke is selling it for $200.
And finally, Grey's Anatomy became my reality the other day. I was working at the bakery and it was way too hot!!! I'm talking over 100 degrees in the back where all the ovens are. There is an air conditioner, but obviously not a sufficient one. I work with about 4 high school aged girls and one of them got too hot. She sat down at a table and put her head down. I was sweeping near by and told her to drink some water and rest. Then I heard a loud "thump!" The bin she was carrying hit the floor and she was laying across two chairs. I ran over and called her name and quickly assessed the situation. I promise that I was thinking, "What would Izzie do?" Her eyes were open, and I realized she had hit her head on the chair next to her. I thought she had passed out, but wondered if I should check her pulse. I decided against it and just raised her up. She came to, and she put her head between her knees. I could feel that she was shaking. She was as white as a sheet. Her mom came and took her home. She has been at work this week, so everything is ok again, except that the heat problem is still ridiculous. However, I like the boss now because she let me use the mixer today! Woo hoo!
6 comments:
I sat here forever trying to figure out what "snew" is. Nice. Got it.
Ha! I get it. That reminds me of how Charlie told us that Phil used to say "snow" when he was younger. I'm trying to figure out how I would write that, but I just can't figure it out. What does tube TV mean?
Tube TV just means that it's not flat screen. A tube TV is what most people have.
liz, i know exactly what you're talking about! it's like he would say "snow" through is nose or something.
Yeah, Paige, what you said!
Did you "check the scene" before you helped her?!
Post a Comment