So, my goals for this summer are getting checked off one-by-one. Since this is my first
summer at home since we've been married, I had many things I wanted to do that I just haven't had the chance to even think about. (Anyone who teaches may understand how certain things seem impossible during the school year.) For example, I used my bread maker and my fancy salad bowl. It seems ridiculous b/c I could have easily used these things earlier, I don't know what I've been waiting for.
Anyway, another goal I had was to kayak down the Little Sioux River. Luke and I started at Noon today and in 2 1/2 hours we had rowed 20 miles. It was a perfect day to do it--very cool and breezy, and we finished right when it started raining. I love going down the river. We've tubed before, and swam it, and gone in a canoe. This time it was just me and Luke and it was peaceful on the river. We saw blue herons and dodged sand bars. I thought the day couldn't get much better...but then there was a thunderstorm! Yes! I wished there was a video store around so that I could rent Twister.
3 comments:
i like you deb. i wish we lived in the same city or vicinity so we could hang out more. :)
Me too...*sniff*
in a month and two weeks we'll be in my favorite midwest city. together!
Post a Comment