
I'm looking for your help.
Help me worship this summer.
Will you all out there in blog-land send me your favorite worship music? What gets you in the mood to worship? I want some new music and I want to know what you think is good. What has ministered to your soul? Maybe you'll send me a cd, maybe you'll think of something else, or maybe you won't do anything at all...I just thought I'd put the invitation out there. I'm hopeful for some takers.
If you need my address or email address, let me know.
Is it breaking the law to pass on music to a friend? I don't think so.
6 comments:
Hi Deb,
This is a fun request. It seems you're looking for the actual music, but I'm at work and can't access that. So here's a list of a few of my favorites.
Hungry - David Crowder Band
Untitled Hymn - Chris Rice
Jesus, I come - Matthew Smith (Indeleible Grace)
Own Me - Ginny Owens
Beautiful One
All Creatures of our God and King - David Crowder Band
Oh Praise Him - DCB
You might already worship to many of these but thanks for letting me share.
Sarah (Thompson) Mellen
Actually, it IS illegal to pass music on to a friend. But that hasn't stopped anyone from doing it!
I listen to Life 96.5 to and from work and there are some songs they play that I've never caught the artist/title. I'll try more seriously to catch them.
In true Debra-style... I've got a list. :)
A few things that have ministered to me:
-writing down/meditating on the dictionary definition of every single word of some of my favorite verses
-listening to a song on repeat
-replaying some of my favorite songs from college and meditating on the flood of good and bad memories that come to my mind
A few of my favorite artists/songs:
-Chris Tomlin
-Derek Webb
-WOW Hymns
-Jill Phillips/I Am
-Joy Williams/The Love Of The Lord Endures
-Kirk Franklin/Hold Me Now
-Natalie Grant/Held
-Nichole Nordeman/Woven & Spun album
-Palisade
-Passion Worship Band
-Rachael Lampa/Blessed
-Selah
-Shane & Shane
-Susan Ashton/Stand
and last but not least... I have never found a Watermark song that I didn't like.
Now it's your turn to share! :)
Here is my input Deb...favorites as of late:
David Crowder Band's CD "Remedy". It's excellent.
"Mighty to Save" - song by Hillsong
Have you ever listened to DCB's CD Collision straight through? I did a QT one day a long time ago (last year maybe?) but it sticks in my head. I listened to the CD straight through - and it's amazing what the music does. It starts out happy, works into the solemn, then BOOM crashes out in resounding noise. I LOVE it. it's like the stages and walk of faith...no "song" or "season" of our lives are the same. But they are one giant collision....
Love you Deb. I cannot wait to see and hear from you soon. Is it summer yet? Is Luke going to Rome yet? I WANNA SEE YOU! :)
yeah i'm going to need your address. i'm addicted to some great music right now.
miss you.
o friend. i miss you.
i dont do christian music real well but i would highly recommend 'over the rhine'.
they love Christ but in a unique beautiful genuine way that doesnt make you want to vomit a little bit.
hope that helps.
i love you deb. be well okay?
meg.
Post a Comment