What does a person do after four months?
Well, this is me. After four months I make no apologies, no excuses...this is me.









I find myself acting out at home and at school, with family and friends....just like a child.
I still cry.
I'm happy on the outside, but dying on the inside.
I'm in a crowd, but so alone.
Everybody else has a best friend but me.
I'm the only sad person, but I know there are others who are hurting. I think if we only knew what was really going on inside of others we would all feel a lot closer to each other.
I'm caught in a thunder storm.
I'm desperately holding onto the hope of a better Deb when all is said and done.
I'm so socially awkward--can't even talk to my friends like I used to be able to--at a loss for words--my mind is somewhere else--just let me sit and listen while the rest of you talk--don't make me tell you what I think because I may just blow up at you, or I won't, I'll just keep it all inside.
I think if you only knew how many times I was on the verge of tears...you would cry too.
At least this is me today...
Perception can be reality.
4 comments:
I got milk at the grocery store last night. The 'use by' date was June 2. I spent the rest of my time in the grocery store thinking over and over, "June 2, June 2, June 2... why does that date sound so familiar?" Then it dawned on me- that's Gracie's due date! Needless to say- you, Luke, and Gracie remain in my thoughts and prayers. :)
It seems like I think about you guys all of the time. Whether it's wondering what you're doing once school's out, if you're sad, if you're happy, if you're with friends, if you're watching LOST, or if you're thinking about Grace.
But no matter what, I always think about how I'm glad we're friends. So when you feel alone, or left out in the cold, or awkward, or sad, think about your friends. We're thinking of you. :)
Deb you are so real. REAL. I love that about you. Thanks for sharing this post. It brings me to tears, a lot. Just be real Deb. YOU. You in the moment. This is reality: grief has no timeline. Socially we try and construct one for each other, but when we ourselves enter grief, we realize how false.
I love you friend.
You are LOVED!
Post a Comment