2nd installment in the "What I did on a summer's day" series.
Observed the doplar while it so rudely interrupted the show I've been waiting to watch all day. I know, I know, it's saving lives. Thank heaven for weather men. Although, I'm not real thankful for Mike Zwier, KTIV's weekend weatherman. He just can't seem to get his sentences out sometimes. Yeah, they're doing a really good job of letting me see the commercials, but not the show.

Today I turned one long curtain into two shorter ones. Pumpkin likes them. Wow, lots of white in this room.
This is not something I did today, but I have not shown you all our new deck. It is minus stairs and railing, but it is serving its purpose well. Cute...such a big deck for such a little house.

Since the addition of the deck, our cats are able to reach the windows and meow when they want in. Right now Pumpkin is meowing loudly because it is starting to rain. Yes, I made her stay out there for a little bit just so I could get this picture.

Today we widened our rock driveway. Seems that we are slowly killing all the grass in our yard. What else can we put on top of our lucious green-ness? If you look past the driveway you will see our hurting peonies. I was talking to Luke's mom this weekend, telling her how happy I was for the blooms, but that they just look terrible. Maybe it's because of the high winds or large amounts of rain... Later over lunch Luke informed us all that he had fallen into the peonies. I should have known. I'll let you all wonder at why he fell into the flowers. Any guesses? This could be good. I expect a funny answer from Mandy Shew. Hey, why stop there. I'm going to shoot for the stars. I want a guess from Keith Shew.
8 comments:
Was he on top of that "garage" next to yours and slid off because it was slick from the rain?!
Also, was The Mole on last night and that's what you missed because of weather?
Thanks for playing the game, Holli, but sorry, no slipping off the roof. Although, your story is more interesting. It's funny b/c I thought about telling the TV show b/c I knew you would want to know, but I was afraid the readers would roll their eyes. haha. The show is So You Think You Can Dance. Love it! :)
Love the blogs. I am sad about your eyeball photo yet it is such a great photo. I have been thinking about you and Grace lately I know we just passed her birth date. Praying for you.
Was Luke checking you out and fell into the peonies?
My guess is that Luke was playing some mad air guitar & lost his balance. Yes? Rock on!
I think Pumpkin jumped out from behind the peony bush, scared Luke, and he fell over into them.
Thanks to all those who played. What really happened was that Luke was carrying the base for our deck past the garage and he tripped, landing in the bushes. He says that's the heaviest thing he's ever lifted.
Wow! Good thing it's only the peonies that were broken and not Luke! Scary!
I knew it! No really, I did.
Post a Comment