Couldn't help but notice an absence in our tree decorating tradition this year. One might think that since her presence was never really there to begin with, it shouldn't be that hard/different when decorating this year. However, there are tons of memories of Christmas last year. Not sure if I voiced this to anyone last year, but I was really looking forward to forming our own family traditions this year for Christmas. I remember last year thinking that this would be the last time Luke and I would decorate the tree as a family of two, the last time we would carelessly steal away to Marshalltown for almost a week with no thought of how that would affect anyone/anything else but our cats.
Well, as we decorated I thought of Grace. As I hung her ornament on the tree I remembered her and cried for her all over again. And then as I thought about the almost full year that has passed I thought about all that God has done in my heart. He has been faithful. I thank the Lord that He is patient with me and everyday He helps me. Not a day passes that I don't feel a little sad about it, but those days don't pass without a reminder of the Lord's care for my heart.

We will always remember you, Gracie. We are so thankful for those months of carrying you, and the hours we got to be with you and hold you.
1 comment:
I put up my tree yesterday too. But it's only a foot high and plugs in. It didn't take very long, no time to think.
Post a Comment