Then I couldn't help myself and I took a nap. (No Picture) I blame it on the pregnancy. The cats took a nap too, so at least I wasn't alone. It was only an hour nap. I've been known to do worse.
Then I made dinner for Luke (warmed up leftover pizza), baked cookies (chocolate chip), and welcomed Luke home from his first day of work at his brand new job! (No Picture of dinner or Luke coming in the door. Luke changed into his "everyday clothes" before I could get the camera out. I've trained him well! Or maybe I should say my mom trained me well! "Change into your 'everyday clothes' as soon as you get home!") What are "everyday clothes"? Usually cotton, stretchy pants and a t-shirt. Since these clothes are only being worn for 3-4 hours out of the day to do school work or TV-watching, they can be worn 2-3 times. Gross? Come on! I decided to take a picture of Luke's first choice for free time during the summer instead of getting him in his work garb. This is him in his boy corner. He wasn't real excited about the picture.
Then I took out the recycling. The recycling man comes every other week, and we always forget, so this means I actually remember to take out the recycling once a month. I'm so excited to have an empty container again because I have a lot of cardboard I want to get out of my way around the house.
Then I sat down to check my email and Facebook for like the fourth time today. (This will NOT be happening everyday. I'm not going to waste my summer days with TV and computer! I'm already planning a daily routine so I don't get lazy. I have not planned a routine for my days since college when I had free time in between classes. I'm excited about doing this. I just wish I had a Stacy Billings/Kelli/Allison around so I could schedule them in. I'll do my best to make do.)
During this time, while watching "TV's 50 Funniest Phrases" I decided to document my first day of summer.
I thought a lot about moving today. Why? Probably b/c Moville has nothing to offer...not even a grocery store, or decent bike path, or ice cream place, or sisters. :(
What was voted TV's number one funniest phrase? "Yada, yada, yada" from Seinfeld. Lovely.
5 comments:
Oh summer! Glorious summer! :)
I watched that show too about the TV phrases. That was fun to watch. I like that you have posted pictures from my college graduation in your last two posts. Judah misses you too! It's sad to think that the next time you see him might be at Christmas! Are you coming home in June or July? I'm equally sad thinking that I might have just seen you for the last time before baby Demarest comes!
Yay for posts with pictures! Thanks for documenting your day. It was fun to read about. Maybe we can schedule a day of me coming to visit and hanging out in the future!
I enjoyed "a day in the life of Deb Demarest." I'm glad we got to hang out at the LOST party!
Please schedule me in your daily routine :) And move closer to me!!!! I'm so happy you are on summer break Deb, and that you can take some time to just rest. I love seeing photos of your first day! And the Bachelorette...I just cant help but watch.
Post a Comment