Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy fifth, Luke!



Luke and I will be celebrating five years tomorrow. I'm so pumped about it! It feels so special and exciting! Maybe b/c so many things are changing. Our time together will look so different when we celebrate six years, so to me, that makes this celebration all the more special. I'll write more later on what the weekend will hold, but I want to post a few pictures of his surprise for me today.

A while back a bunch of us discussed what the five year gift is according to Hallmark, or whoever made up the list of gifts for anniversaries. We all made guesses, and eventually found out that the five year gift is wood. I told Luke later that night that he didn't have to get me something with wood. It was the last thing I said before I went to sleep. He patted my head as if to say, "That's sweet. Go to sleep."
Today he called telling me he had to work late in the city (which was true) and that I should meet him for dinner at 7. So I did. Neither one of us were real hungry so we ate for under $5 at McDonalds. Then we took care of some errands Luke needed to run. I was informed from the beginning that the last thing we would do was to remain a surprise. I didn't push it to find out more. I never do b/c I love surprises. He directed me to HOM furniture where I was to pick out my own jewelry armoire. I've been wanting one for so long, it's made of wood (appropriate for year five), and it's the perfect gift---so thoughtful! He was such a smart shopper about it too! Regularly priced at about $200, it was on sale for $77. Way to go Luke!
Here's a picture or two.

Happy anniversary, Luke! I love you more and more! (He doesn't read this blog. Oh well.)

4 comments:

Holli said...

Cool! He did good! :) Happy Anniversary. I still remember being at camp and someone saying "Luke gets married today!" Little did I know, that I'd become friends with him and his wife that next summer! So happy for you two!

Deb said...

haha, and I remember asking him if he wanted to invite anyone from camp and he was like, "no, that's OK." Little did I know that I would be working at camp the next summer and would be friends with all the people we SHOULD have invited to the wedding. But, alas, Holli Gregg would not have been there anyway b/c neither one of us knew of you yet. Our loss. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Holli! I also remember the day Luke got married to this girl named Deb. I'm glad you're no longer a mystery! :)

Great gift! Looks like you've got enough "pretties" to be needing two beautiful jewelry boxes soon!

Kelli B said...

Deb! i love catching up on your blog. I love the gift that Luke gave you for your anniversary! So wonderful. He's a great husband :)

I've been thinking about you a lot so wanted to stop in and say hello. Love you friend!