"All of my life,
In every season,
You are still God,
I have a reason to sing.
I have a reason to worship."
--words from one of the worship songs this morning
In every season,
You are still God,
I have a reason to sing.
I have a reason to worship."
--words from one of the worship songs this morning
Today two seasons of my life collided strongly. A case could be made that these two seasons collide every day. That is absolutely true. Today was just stronger.
I attended church in Correctionville this morning, and the worship was just wonderful, as always. We sang a song containing the words above, and I was reminded of the seasons God takes us through. Luke and I are about to embark on a very busy season of life. Older and wiser people would probably tell me, "get used to it, sister." We announced this weekend that we're expecting another little Demarest blessing in June. We are excited, and truth be told, a little nervous for the inevitable sleeplessness. But, PRAISE GOD for the the sleeplessness that WILL come.
This season of life finds us full of smiles, laughter, and joy.
So, we went to church in Correctionville to celebrate the dedication of Josiah Gitlin. Josiah is a wonderful gift from God to the Gitlin family, and all of us who know him. He was adopted from Ethiopia. So, today we remembered his journey and delivery home with the help of testimony, pictures, and music. At the end of Josiah's picture video I was brought to tears with the declaration "In Memory of Grace Elizabeth Demarest". What a tremendous blessing to have friends that care so much for our daughter, even though they never saw her. I'm frustrated because I can't find words to express how much it means. ...two seasons of life collided right then.
That season of life found us a little hopeless, clutching to God and anyone who would listen, confused, awkward, sad, but still thankful that we were on the right track. Immediately we were found to be simultaneously desperate for God, and frustrated with His ways. We found new trust in Him and a new level of depth in our knowledge of Him. Our expected baby has the same due date as was Grace's. We trust and believe that this date will be redeemed.
I started my day early with praise for my God, and even with reminders of different seasons, I continued my day with adoration for my God.
Today just meant a lot to me...and I wanted to share.
4 comments:
Thank you for sharing this, Deb. Our hearts or so full of happiness for you!
Deb I'm in tears. I didn't know that your new baby's due date is the same as Grace's!! Redeemed indeed. The Lord and His plans....blow my mind. I love what the Lord is doing in your life.
Such a GREAT post! :)
I'm glad you're back to blogging.
Yeah for babies and big sisters! :)
Can't wait for this season:
He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.
We celebrate with you in the great news!
Post a Comment