Dr. appt.:
- Monday's Dr. appt. brought some great news. I passed the glucola test, so no gestational diabetes this time around. This is a blessing in many ways, especially because we have many meals coming in the house. When I saw the Dr. it went very quickly and she didn't say much more than, "Things look good!" Meaning, things are steady, and not much different than last week. So, bedrest is working, and there's still a need to be very careful.
- This week we also had an ultrasound at the hospital to check up on the baby's kidneys. Her kidneys are retaining some fluid still, which means they aren't draining properly, so we're going to check them again in six weeks. This next appt. will tell us if we need to focus on her kidneys after she is born. I suppose time will tell if she will require a kidney surgery after delivery to make sure all the plumbing issues are worked out. We're praying for God's special touch to remove this issue.
Best: This has been a really good week. I've had great company, very little contraction activity, and the weather has been great. Yesterday I was able to get out and enjoy it since I had the ultrasound appt. We needed to kill some time in the city after the appt. (waiting until 5 so we could receive a wonderful dinner from a church friend). So while we were killing time, we found a cute little park downtown with a bench for me and playground equipment for Hope and Luke. Hope walked around on the basketball court, but when she came to the drop-off into the grass, she would say 'whoa!' and would not go any further. Luke had to coax her, and she finally braved the green stuff (or brown-ish, green stuff). So, since we had that brief outdoor time, I got to witness Hope's first park experience with swings, slides, walking, reaching, hanging, laughing and dancing. *Sheesh, can't believe I forgot my camera.
Another best: all the wonderful meals, and miscellaneous generosity. We are incredibly thankful, and don't really know how to express our thanks.
Worst: Pregnancy rash. Yes, rash. It's not contagious, nor due to bedrest or hygiene practices. It's solely pregnancy hormones. Red, itchy, everywhere. The Dr. suggested hydrocortizone, but as far as I've read, it will be something that lasts until after delivery. Oh well.
We're hanging in there! And we're very thankful for every day.
2 comments:
Debbie!
I think about you daily, my friend. I'm thankful I found your blog - I have been missing you that way!
I'm so grateful you are doing well, that your last appointment contained good news, and that you've been able to get outside this week. Big blessings, for my bed-resting friend.
Sorry about the rash, I've never heard of that :( I hope it goes away, even if they say it might last. Such weird things happen to our body during pregnancy!
Love you Deb.
I remember itchiness while pregnant too -- I don't think there was a rash for me, but it was definitely caused by the hormone changes.
But my itchiness in pregnancy is nothing compared to now, with nursing. I didn't know certain *ahem* parts could itch.
Here's an empathy scratch for you.
Post a Comment