Last weekend was especially fun for me. I was able to attend the church Easter egg hunt, which was very similar to locusts devouring a corn field. I also had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Roushes, and Amanda pushed me around in a wheel chair at Target. The Target experience might have been my favorite. I loved that time with Amanda. She is a fun shopping partner. I got some newborn-sized diapers, and some too-cute-to-pass-up outfits for Hope and the new baby.
The next day I went to church. It was great to share that part of my world with so much of my family.
What a great weekend! I wasn't able to host exactly like I wanted to, but my mind was at ease knowing that they were there to just be with us, and didn't mind having to get their own food and towels.
So today we are 35 weeks along!
So today we are 35 weeks along!
Whew!
It could be argued that at this point it would be fine for me to get up and going. I have reservations though, because of the surgical procedure I had done back in December. All threat of malfunction with that will be nonexistent on May 9, so until then I will behave. The Debrest countdown stands at 10 days!! Woo hoo!
Today I had my last P17 injection. 20 out of 20 shots under my belt feels good! Basically that shot is to hold off labor. Glad to say that they have been doing their job.
I just want to say, I didn't think I'd make it this far. I honestly was never fearful; I had a confidence that this baby would be ok, but I had doubts about how long she would actually wait to come into this world. To now be at the end of April feels amazing. All credit and glory to God who has sustained us and cared for us in our time of need!
Dr appt. this week: Even after a very eventful and active weekend for me, pregnancy conditions are great. There was no change. God is good.
Best: Family fun. Hilarious company and fun at the church Easter egg hunt, Target, eating out, watching Inception, Liz and Andy deep clean the house, fun interactions with Hope, and 10 DAYS LEFT!
Looking forward to watching the wedding of William and Kate tomorrow morning! Also tomorrow morning: an ultrasound in Sioux City to look at the baby's kindneys again. It will be good to see our little girl, and to check her progress.
Worst: Liz and Andy, Judah and Asher are gone. Come back!
2 comments:
Deb! your countdown to your non-Debrest (which, by the way, is extremely clever!) is almost exactly the same as the countdown to my due date! I will think of you now with each day that passes :)
I'm so thankful you are doing so well and that you could get out of the house for Easter.
And fun for you to have time with Amanda!
Love you friend,
KB
Hooray! So thankful baby has waited so long and that you got a weekend of fun to break up the monotony. How wonderful! I can't wait to meet baby!
Post a Comment