Week 10????!!!
Wow, we made it.
I cried a little on Feb. 27, at 26 weeks, when I realized I had 10 weeks of bedrest ahead of me. My mind was racing thinking about what we would do with Hope, how we would eat every day, and how Luke would manage being mom AND dad in many respects. I honestly disliked the thought of being so dependent on others, and that I would need to talk to people a lot more. Ha! That sounds bad, but it's true.
It's been hard to not be as active in Hope's life. It's just been plain hard, but I made a conscious decision to not speak poorly of bedrest. I hope I succeeded most of the time.
Bedrest was God's provision for us; our road to sustaining this pregnancy, and I was thankful for it. I practiced my faith throughout bedrest. I read this today about faith: "Faith does not say, 'I see this is good for me; therefore God must have sent it.' Instead, faith declares, 'God sent it; therefore it must be good for me." That is how I tried to view bedrest...OK God, here we go, thank you for your goodness and help.
"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."
Psalm 94: 18-19
But we have made it!
Praise the Lord!
"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods...
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care."
Psalm 95: 1-3, 6-7
So, today, Cinco de Mayo, we are 36 weeks along.
Little baby girl can come anytime.
On Monday, May 9 at 10am, I have an appt. to reverse the procedure I had done in December. After that is done, I can walk, drive, pick up Hope, prepare all meals, clean, do whatever I need to do. I will be incredibly tired and sore for a while, but it will be good to hopefully build up some muscle again before labor/delivery.
Luke told me last night his guess for a delivery date is May 16. That is one week after bedrest is over. It is also Hope's half birthday. My guess is May 30. I think it will take a little longer.
I need to pack a hospital bag, narrow our name list, pick out clothes for our baby to wear home, get a bag ready for Hope, and rearrange my 'bedrest room'.
Dr. appt. : This week's appt. was routine. Things are going well. Wonderful!
Best: My last full day of bedrest will be Saturday! It will be hard for me to stay down that day. I was given premission to go to church and have lunch out on Sunday for Mother's Day. We will probably also do some grocery shopping since our fridge is empty, and we want to have dinner options in case the baby comes swiftly.
Worst: Nope.
We're so thankful for your prayers and support and help!
7 comments:
Deb!!!!! This is worth rejoicing over. I am rejoicing for you and baby girl today!
And what if we have our babies on the same day???
Oooh, I'm so excited to see how this all plays out. I'm praising the Lord over your little one and for sustaining you to this point.
LOVE!
I'm so proud of you, Deb! You are such a strong woman. And I'm so sorry I didn't come to clean or cook for you. It was my intention to help and I'm sorry I didn't follow through. :(
We love the Demarests!
@Kelli...and what if we use the same name?!? I've heard of this all happening before. It would all be so fun!
@Holli...Thank you, Holli! I would always love Rausch company, but I prefer it when I can wear normal clothes and jump in the car at the spur of the moment for a Perkins run. ;) I appreciate your intentions though, more than you know!
I remember visiting you at the hospital in February. At that time, May seemed like FOREVER away.
HAPPY MAY! SUCCESS!
Seriously tears Deb...maybe it's because it is so late, but HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!!! I have been praying for forty weeks since week 26 and I can't believe that you are so close!! You are such a strong woman and great encouragement to me. You claim truth, you're authentic, and your little girls are super blessed to have you as a mommy! Love to you and the fam!
What a joyous post! :) HURRAY! You're faith and attitude through all of it is so beautiful!
I'm so excited for the growing Demarest family!!!!!!!
Post a Comment