Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Vertical Version







I'm full-time vertical now.

It feels really good.
I'm enjoying performing the normal tasks of being a mommy.


Here is how my week has been...first week off of bedrest:


MONDAY: Successful procedure reversal at the doctor's office. I was really thankful to have Grandma Demarest along to take care of Hope because I ended up staying at the office for a long time! They again noticed a low heart rate, so we monitored for about an hour to see if we could establish a base line. They were a little concerned when her heart rate continued to fluctuate. Then my doctor was consulted and she said it was fine. When I see her next week, I'm going to ask her why it is that this little one has a heart rate that tends to be fast, then slow, then fast, then slow...


TUESDAY: Full day at home alone with Hope. First time that has happened since February! I posted some pictures from our day--it was almost 100 degrees that day. We went on a walk and swam, all before 10 am. After that it was just too hot. I was really sore and tired by the end of this day. Hope is wearing a hat in the stroller picture above. She picked it out and didn't want to take it off. Cute.


WEDNESDAY: I was excited to attend the last BSF meeting for the year. I had started going to this Bible study back in the fall, but have been gone for 10 weeks. My small group has been faithfully praying for our family, and provided some good food for us. I was anxious to thank them in person, and to take Hope to play with the nursery ladies for the last time. Well, we got there at 9am, and there was no childcare. I decided to take Hope to Target for an hour, then we came back to hopefully catch the ladies upon their dismissal from large group testimony time. They found me, and we were all really happy to praise God for how far I had made it. It was really fun to walk around Target with Hope...I wasn't inconvenienced.

Wednesday night was our last Jr. High meeting at church. Luke and I volunteer with the middle schoolers. It was a really bittersweet night. I was so happy to be able to come back and see my girls that I have been investing in for three years now. I've always felt a deep care and concern for them over the years, but haven't always been able to be there with them full-time. They've seen me through three months of bedrest total, and one month of maternity leave. So, my heart was overjoyed to celebrate our time together, but also sad that I had missed out on large portions of time with them. Three of my girls were former students of mine. It was especially fun to get to continue a relationship with them through Jr. High church fellowship. I'm happy to know that most of them will be continuing in high school ministry next year, and that I'll see them at church.


THURSDAY: Well, that's today. We are having a good day. Tonight Luke and I will leave Hope with Grandma while we go to the hospital to take a free class.


My prediction for May 30 still stands, and Luke's for May 16 does too. He has to be out of town for work on the 16th, so I'm hoping he's not right. As of Monday I was dilated to 2cm. I've felt more contractions this week, but nothing regular, so I can't say that anything will happen soon. We'll see.


Praising God for His help!

3 comments:

jdzwief said...

HURRAY DEB! Hope is so adorable. I'm sure she's glad to be able to play in with you in new ways! :) It will be so sweet to see Hope with her little sister!

Holli said...

I bet Hope is so happy to be able to hang out with you full time! I know you are. :)

Debra said...

Happy Haircut, Hope!
And- she looks about 4 in that stroller picture! Whoa!