I got a chance to talk to my nurse today. She comes once a week to my house for 20 weeks. Only three weeks left! Anyway, she told me to relax a little. She wasn't talking about staying off my feet. She was talking about my nerves. Relax, Deb. I appreciated that.
She was right when she said, "It's all hitting you isn't it?"
-Needing to put plans on hold for selling the house. It's ok. It will get done in time; sooner or later.
-Soon your life will be CHANGED. You have two mild-mannered, well-behaved girls, and there's about to be a fruit basket upset.
-You'd like to not have to worry about your activity level, but you do. It's ok. You've made it so far already, and if things were really bad, you wouldn't be at home, you'd be in the hospital.
-This is your pregnancy normal, and all you can do is take care of your family. All you should be doing right now is cuddling your girls since your arms will be full soon.
-No, a 32 week baby is not a 40 week baby, but we're talking a Sioux City birth, very manageable.
Thanks, Nurse Anne. And thanks for acknowledging that Hope was not herself today. I know, right? We all have those days, or weeks.
2 comments:
Ahhh... perspective. Thank you, Lord! :)
Still praying!
Your second bullet hits a little too close to home for me--I needed to chill out there too. I worry about how my relationship with Ian will change after the baby comes. Especially knowing how much time commitment it takes to be nursing, I will have less time to spend with him. I spent a good twenty weeks resenting the reality that this baby will change our family dynamic and maybe not for the better at first. I had a meltdown with God, and since then He's helped me to feel more bonded with her--which has slowly been changing my perspective. I'm embarrassed for having negative feelings about our growing family, and I'm still anxious, but I'm able to look forward to her arrival a little more each day.
Post a Comment