Thursday, January 15, 2015

Psalty is at it again

I played Psalty 5 for my kids this morning as we drove to LeMars. It's the camping one. I really listened to one of the songs this time.

It ministered to me as I stand at the base of this Fibro mountain. I have no idea how I want to help myself at this point. I'm immobilized; too afraid to take a step. I'm sad about it. I'm mourning my reality. It's effecting me and my life and my relationships. I don't like that. I don't want to let it. I don't have to let it. I can be in control of this, and not let it control me. Or can I? Am I strong enough?

Psalty says:
There are mountain climbing experiences all through life. Around every bend there's going to be a new mountain, a new opportunity for us to grow and to see God work in our lives. When you start something, it's important to finish it. One thing about climbing mountains is you never do it in one big leap. You do it one step at a time. We don't have to trust God for the strength to make it to the top of the mountain. You only need to trust him for the strength to take the next step. The way you climb a mountain is one step at a time.

Kids Praise! 5
ONE STEP AT A TIME

Verse 1
When something seems too hard to handle
Too big to conquer, too far away to touch,
When all your dreams begin to shatter,
And deep inside you you’re hurting, oh, so much,
That’s when it’s time to say

Chorus
I’m climbing my mountain step by step
I’m climbing my mountain day by day
I’m climbing my mountain all the way
I’m climbing my mountain, I’m gonna make it
One step at a time, One step at a time,
One step at a time with Jesus by my side
One step at a time, One step at a time,
I’m climbing my mountain one step at a time

Verse 2
Even though you might grow weary
Don’t be discouraged, in your weakness God is strong
Remember this, He’ll never leave you,
He won’t forsake you, He’s your strength and He’s your song
So sing and start to say

No comments: