
One class I took in college was amazing to me because there was a girl in it who was actually the cousin of Jack Black. We did one of those get-to-know you games (which I absolutely hate most of the time) at the beginning of the semester where you had to say something unique about yourself. (My copout answer is usually that I'm a twin.) The girl down the line said her cousin was Jack Black. I have every reason to believe she was telling the truth. Why would you lie about something like that to a group of people you met 5 minutes ago? Until tonight I had never seen a Jack Black movie, so I couldn't even appreciate the amazingness that is her family.
Tonight I went to Nacho Libre with my family. I was expecting comic genius because the director is the same one that directed Napoleon Dynomite. My expectations were not met...except for one scene. Jack Black really made a name for himself in my book when he sang a love song to the unattainable woman in his life. After I saw that scene, the $7.50 was worth it. After the movie I was told I would really like School of Rock because Mr. Black does a lot of singing in it. We shall see...
2 comments:
Deb - School of Rock is an ABSOLUTE MUST SEE. I love that movie so much. I laugh every single time I see it.
Takes me back to my orchestra days...oh, to have had an instructor like Jack BLack...oh wait, my instructor really was similar to Jack Black...
Anyways - it's a hoot and a holla. You better see it.
Love ya!
I wouldn't have had much hope for Nacho Libre. But School of Rock I did enjoy. Plus, kids are in it and those kids are super cool!
PS - I posted on the weekend.
PSS - I hope your meetings don't stink too bad.
Post a Comment