- The last two days I have been sitting in a meeting about standards and benchmarks. Our school was the only one there that does not already have standards and benchmarks. Our team talked about what I have been thinking all along: we need standards and benchmarks. Of course, I would really like it if someone else would do it.
- We've been away from camp for the last two days, probably missing out on the great stake outs. We have intruders--I want to be the one that tells Luke to go put them in a sleeper hold. Intruders excite me...it probably shouldn't, but it does. I know we have to think about the campers' safety. I guess if I thought that was really threatened, I would be upset, but for now, I just think it's fun. It's like hide and seek. I want to be the one that shines the flashlight so Brad can hit them with his bat. The other night the intruders set off a ton of firecrackers. It was crazy loud. I wanted to be the one that laughed all the way to the dining hall as Brian and Luke chased them down. I was too tired to go out of the staff house.
- It has been so good to spend the last two days with just Luke. I love my husband.
- My brother-in-law Gabe is engaged to be married to an amazing girl. Her name is Terri. Their wedding will be on July 7, 2007. Luke will the best man and I get to be a bridesmaid. I feel so honored. Sizing day is next week.
- Yesterday I was in Walmart and I went to use the restroom. I was at the sink washing my hands and a lady came out after me. I was setting a good example with my handwashing. She looked in the mirror, fixed her hair, looked at me out of the corner of her eye, and then did the unthinkable. She walked right out of the bathroom. Why are there still people in the world that do not wash their hands after the go to the bathroom? That's like saying you're ok with doing something not very clean, and then walking around with that sensation all day. I did everything I could to not touch the door handle as I left. I saw her later and told Luke what she did. It didn't seem to matter as much to him.
- Luke is mowing the lawn right now before we go back to camp. He's mowing, I'm blogging. After this we'll eat at Subway. I love summer.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Many things to report
There are many things that have happened that I didn't want to devote a whole entry to, but I at least wanted to record them if for no one else, but myself. :)
1 comment:
I agree with the intruder thing. There's a french movie, called Amalie (spelling?) and she does things all day long that just bring a little excitement into people's lives.
I think that even though it sometimes is annoying to get out of bed at 11pm...the intruders are bringing some excitement to camp. Conspiracies are being formed, plots are being planned, threats are being made. It's like a real-life game of Mafia. Minus the homicide.
Post a Comment