
I was so sad tonight when I finally got to watch my taped episode of Dancing with the Stars. Yep, it's safe to say I'm a reality TV junkie. I will give every reality show a fair chance. Well, not every show. I have to draw the line at Big Brother. I've never given that one a fair shake. It's just not worth it to me. Anyway, this season I got hooked on Dancing with the Stars after I saw that last season they had Lisa Rinna
on the show. I loved her as Billy on Days of our Lives. So, this season when I found out Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence were on...how could I not watch? Every episode my heart swells up with admiration and appreciation for Joey Lawrence. He is such a family man and obviously adores his wife and daughter. He keeps saying how "blessed" he is. Who says that? I've only known Christians to use that word. He is so appreciative for every good score he gets. I mean it's almost embarrassing sometimes how often he says thank you. He's so incredibly joyful, and talks about praying on the show. I have to say I like the bald Joey a lot more than the long haired Joey
. I am a Joey fan now. He has got my vote and my allegiance much more than he ever did when he was on Blossom. (Trivia: Joey co-starred with David Lascher on Blossom, who appeared on "Hey Dude." Just a throw-back to an earlier post)
Well, now that I've made this post look like an edition of "Tiger Beat" I would just like to finally note the reason for this post: I'm extremely disappointed that Joey and his partner Edyta got voted out this week. I was cheering for him, but I think that Emmitt Smith's charm and hip movement won out. I guess now I'm going to cheer for Mario. One of the teen heart throbs has got to win.You'll always be a winner to me, Joe.

Something extra: Joey had a short-lived singing career and I loved one song that he sung. I still listen to it every once in a while. If you'd like to listen to the song, go here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVg7il--C90
For some reason the video doesn't match the song, and it's broken up, but you get the idea.
If you missed Joey dancing this season, never fear, go here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnYQ0anoMw
**I can't figure out how to make a word highlighted within my post like Holli and Miles do. I would like to just have it be highlighted so that you can click on the word "Joey Lawrence," for example, and it will take you right to the video. Rookie question, I know, but can anybody help?
This one's just for fun:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYCSCbqbdJA
7 comments:
deb- you are too funny....I watched Joey's music video in the university library and couldn't stop laughing...
Yeah, Deb! Let's hear it for Joey's short lived music career. I still remember when you and Erica bought me that tape when we were at the mall. I couldn't figure out why you guys got that for me--it wasn't Christmas or birthday time. Why did you guys get that for me? Anyway, thanks b/c it is still an awesome song!
Yes, Debra, I'm so ready for Creative Memory-making. Will there be pressure to buy? What will this all be like? Whatever it is, I'm just pumped to be there!
Liz, I'm excited that you remember that we got that for you. I remember being at the mall and we saw a Joey Lawrence poster in Sam Goody, or something. I told Erica you really liked that song. We bought it for you b/c you liked it, and we wanted to encourage you. :)
Go Slater!
Liz, one memory from this song is when it would come on he Disney Channel after school and we would turn it up and watch the video and sing along. We loved Joey! I'm pretty sure Brotherly Love came on right after that. :)
Deb! you rock. reminds me of when Terry was kicked off survivor for falling off that ridiculous lilly pad. I will never forget how disappointed i was when he lost the chance to win...oh man. so sad. sad to see joey lawrence go too!
I wanted to tell ya quick. When you're creating a new post in blogger - there is that toolbar where you can click to make the text italicized or bold or you can upload pictures, right? Well, there is a button that looks like two connected chains. This is the link button. So in your text you have written - highlight the word you want to be linked - like if you wanted "JOEY" in your text to be a link, highlight "JOEY". Then click the link box (those chain things) - and a box will pop up that says "http://" - just copy the link you want to use, and hit okay. Then you will see that JOEY changes colors - it's b/c a link has been attached to it.
Make sense? Let me know if you want me to spell it out in a 1-2-3 kinda way :)
Deb you're great. We can be reality TV junkies together :)
Do you watch Bachelor?
ps - deb! how does luke feel about you posting that picture of shirtless joey??? muah ha ha! That made me laugh.
Oh the days of teen hearthrobs...
Or maybe that doesnt end.
I'm married and I still have a crush on Ethan from Survivor Africa!!! there's nothin' like those curly black locks of love...and his skills on the soccer field. HAHAHAA!
Yeah, I think someone is a little obsessed with Joey.
Post a Comment