Friday, March 23, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Have you ever had your day ruined before lunch time?
That happened today.
But I realize I have a choice: I can make it not ruined anymore.

Lord, please help me to hold my tongue!
Tomorrow's another day.
It'll help that I'll be at home most of the day.
I'm coming up on a week of rest and relaxation.
Spring Break!
My prayer is that the Lord will continue to remake my mind so that I don't get so stinking impatient and tempermental all the time.
Some people say I'm not being tempermental, but when I live with the world's least likliest man to ever get tempermental it makes me feel like a horrible person.
Luke is like the law that points out my sin (like what the law did in the old testament); thank heavens for Christ who is the new law and new covenant.
There is grace.
I know I'm not horrible.
I know Luke is not without sin.
He's just stronger in some ways.

I want to be a blessing...



Let it be said of us
While we walked among the living
Let it be said of us
By the ones we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That we lived to be a blessing for life

Let it be said of us
That we gave to reach the dying
Let it be said of us
By the fruit we leave behind
Let it be said of us
That our legacy is blessing for life

This day You set life, you set death right before us,
This day Every blessing and curse is a choice now
And we will choose to be a blessing for life

Let it be said of us
That our hearts belonged to Jesus
Let it be said of us
That we spoke the words of life
Let it be said of us
That our heritage is blessing for life

For your Kingdom, for our Children
For the sake of every nation

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Um ... I'm afraid that I could have written this entry myself. If Luke is The World's Least Likely To Lose His Temper, than Gregor is The World's Most Likely To Take That Title From Luke Demarest. Greg is so cool-headed & consistently even-tempered. Sometimes I can't stand it. But ... praise the Lord for husbands who encourage us maintain grace. I know EXACTLY how you feel, Deborah. EXACTLY. We are for sure sisters!

Amanda said...

ps Happy Spring Break! I love that for you! Enjoy every moment. What are your plans?

Anonymous said...

That is such a good song! I will be praying for a good week for you, Deb. I hope that you have a relaxing time and a refreshing time in God's Word.

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy your time off!

Anonymous said...

Love you Deb! :)