Sunday, March 18, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel?? YES!

In the past two weeks I have felt really tired and rushed and a little frustrated and even broken emotionally/spiritually.

I am learning about myself and Luke, our marriage, the people I work with and go to church with. I'm learning about trusting God for provission, and also to continue the good work that He is doing in me.

Luke has started coaching track. We are on week three. It's started really well. So many of the kids and parents are pleased with the program he is running. They've never had a track team before, so they're pumped about it. I've struggled in trying to get used to the really long days.

Luke, along with the sophomore class, was in charge of the the formal for the high school this last Friday. I went along to help. I got to use my new chocolate fountain for the first time. Mandy Shew, if you read this, can you remind me of what you had for the dipping options at the staff Christmas party? Anyway, the formal was fun and entertaining. Luke was a trooper and stayed up till 6 am with the boys from the school. It was important to some of the parents to have supervision during the whole time the kids were up, so he was the one to do it. I went to bed at 3.

Luke and I are in an Easter play. We are going to practices three days a week in preparation for the big event. We will be performing twice at the end of the month. It's been fun, but I'll be glad when that is crossed off the list of things to do.

So, I feel busy. I've grown to really dislike the excuse, "I'm busy." Because really, who isn't? I'm more comfortable with saying that the things that were really easy for me to do and keep up with before track started, is now a lot harder.

I've discovered the reality of fear and worry in my life in the last month. All the while I've taught my kids about how we need to trust God with everything, I've listened to a sermon that confirmed what I've been thinking: I need to be in prayer more and just need to be abiding with the Lord. I've watched a movie that dealt with the source of my fear and worry and saw how my circumstances could be a lot worse. I've seen the folly of my words and thoughts. I've been so humbled. I've realized that what I'm fearing and worrying about is something that is not easily discussed, so who can I tell? God. I'm convinced He's trying to teach me to just come to Him. Tell Him...because Deb, you've done a lot of telling others about things lately, this is something that only He needs to hear about. When I've learned how to bring this to Him, I will be more likely to bring all the other things to Him that are so tempting to discuss around the lunch table at school.

Spring break is just around the corner. I'm so ready. March 26-30 will be heavenly.

Sing it Sara! You comfort me so!

"Rain"
by Sara Groves

Call it what you will, I call it rain
When troubles come and pan against my soul
Go in if you like, I will remain
And let the washing waters make me whole
Just when I'm sure that I can't bear the rain
A tiny leaf starts pushing through the ground
In a place where the soil was too dry to sustain it
A new tiny flower can be found
Once I was stuck, I thought things would never change
And I watched that cloud pass through the sky
And right before my eyes it took a different shape
And I knew, so would the clouds in my own life
Just when I'm sure that I can't bear the rain
A tiny leaf starts pushing through the ground
In a place where the soil was too dry to sustain it
A new tiny flower can be found
And I see Him in the rain
And I feel Him wash away
What I do not understand
So new life can spring up once again
And I see Him in the rain
And I feel Him wash away
What I do not understand
So new life can spring up once again
And the flowers come to show
That all that rain was helping me to grow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot of things going on! I hope getting used to things will help it calm down for you a bit! Miss you.

Bryan said...

Crazy times! Just hang in there...a few more days!

Kelli B said...

deb, i cried when i read this. i miss you, and i remember when you made me listen to this song as we sat across the table from each other in the union.

life lessons are often learned in the hard times - and that's where growth happens too.

even still, are you carving some time for yourself? to rest? to just BE? will that come soon?

we NEED to get together...and talk about life! i miss you!!!