This last weekend was an unexpected enjoyment.
A friend of the Demarest family wrote two fables that were set in the Renaissance era. Luke and I refused the offer to be in them at first, but then were suckered into it. We had one scene where Luke was a prince and I was a peasant. We were in love. I was pregnant, but Prince didn't know it. He left me to go explore the world. Feeling alone and without other options, my character got an abortion. I had to act "disshelved." That was a challenge, but I think it affected some people.
In the other fable, Luke and I were just townspeople with a daughter waiting to partake of a feast. There was a man on stilts...this was so fun to see. These pictures feature Luke juggling, Luke/Deb/Gabe/Terri/"daughters" in line for feast and waiting, finally the tall man is standing up next to the castle. Later that night at Gabe and Terri's new digs we played Sequence and Apples to Apples, then went to lay in the road and look at the meteor shower. What a great night.
Sunday morning saw Luke attending church in Sioux City, and me in Correctionville. A tubing trip planned for Sunday afternoon and Luke's inability to go b/c of work was the reason for our split. I had some alone time in a park before the service for about an hour and felt refreshed. My church service was great and the subsequent events for dinner and tubing felt God-ordained. Finally I had the chance to talk with Terri, new sister-in-law, about faith and where she's at now. I'm so thankful she's in our family now.
So, weekend was good...got to make them count now that there's only one left until school starts.
5 comments:
Way to go, L. Ardell!
Is that Luke's dad on the stilts?
uh, no, I can see now that is not Mark Demarest...although I wouldn't put it past him to posess the talent of walking on stilts. :)
Thespians, unite!
Post a Comment