Friday, October 10, 2008

For future reference

Apparently Sara Groves was in concert in Orange City tonight. I missed it. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm consoling myself with the fact that she seems to come to Iowa pretty often compared to many other artists. Also, I've been to one of her concerts before, so at least I know a little of what it would have been like. BUT STILL...she was a short distance away and I missed it. The kicker: some members of my family went and did not tell me where they were going. I knew I should have made small talk with Charity today! :) I'm not mad at them though. This is just a wake up call for our family, I believe. We obviously need to be a little bit more verbal about our favorites. So, for further reference:
  • Concerts I would go to: Sara Groves, Chicago, Joshua Radin, Rascal Flatts, and The Beatles (Based on the knowledge that I could probably sing along with every song played. Before you scoff about a Beatles concert, let me tell you that I've been to one.)
  • Favorite actors/actresses: Claire Danes, Jeff Goldblum, Reese Witherspoon, and Robert Downey Jr.
  • Favorite movies: Time period movies like Emma, Pride and Prejudice, and Little Women
  • Favorite TV show now: The Office. I also enjoy Survivor, Lost, American Idol, well...basically anything reality
  • Favorite sports team: Iowa Hawkeyes...I follow no one else...let's face it, I barely follow the Hawkeyes, but they're the only ones I'll get excited about.
  • Places I will join you on vacation: Disney World, Ocean, anywhere
  • Other favorites: Diet Coke, family games, autumn, outdoor activities in beautiful weather, and recently: vigorous exercise
  • Favorite Jonas Brother: Nick?
  • Favorite quotes from last night's Thursday night's line-up: "I'm going to ask David Kip and Dalton Cheeks to read them simultaneously." and "Straight-talking Maverick."

5 comments:

Holli said...

hahaha Jonas Brothers...

I'm at the same level with you on the Hawkeyes.

Paige said...

Deb, you've been to a Beatles concert? what? are you secretly 60 yrs old?

Or you talking about that fake one that everyone in the family went to except for me b/c I was "too young" to appreciate awesome music?

Deb said...

Paige-that's exactly the one I'm talking about. What did you do while we were all gone? HA!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget "Hope Floats". I watched it yesterday and thought of you.

PS- Sara Groves concert. I'm there!

Jackie said...

Deb - I'm glad you shared your favorites! I'm still not blogging again, FYI... I'll be sure to let you know where to find it when it's up and running!