Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Did you know?

My grandpa owned his own funeral home in Oelwein. He was born in Dunkerton. (Holla! Shout out to Jackie) He grew up in the Brant funeral home (Oelwein), now Jamison Schmitz Funeral Home, with many brothers and sisters. He married a girl from Hazelton, Iowa. I'm proud of his life. There's a rich Brant history in that small area of the state. Read a little about him: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GScid=96715&GRid=30026468&


The weekend was really nice. Good to be home, good to see family from far away, and really great to relax and have some fun. Marshalltown had its annual Oktemberfest parade. Sorry, no pictures. Basically the whole family went to the parade. I got a magnet and Luke got a turkey leg. Mine was free. Nice.


The crowning moment of the weekend: Matt and Molly had a baby! Calvin Douglas Brant. I have a new nephew, and he is adorable. Molly posted pictures, so now I feel like it's ok for me to post pictures.

2 comments:

Holli said...

Awwwh! He *is* cute!

And yay for free magnets! Politically-charged?

Jackie said...

Very cute!

Dunkerton, yeah!