Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ode to Kitty



Welcome Home Han!
Why, oh, why did you stay away so long?
Oh, that's right, you were locked in the neighbor's garage.
Why, oh, why did you venture outside in the rain to begin with?
Oh, that's right, you're a scoundrel.
Just so you know, I worried about you last night as I tried to sleep. I dreamt of you coming home with a missing leg, no tail, and a totally different color of fur. Your fur had changed because of stress. I dreamt that you finally came home to the sound of Luke playing guitar and singing you home. In the end it was Luke that brought you home, puffy-sleep-depraved-eyes and all. Now, as you lay all over me in sleep and then meow at me to let you back outside again...I kinda wish you would just go away. BUT THEN I'D WANT YOU BACK.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scoundrel :)

Jackie said...

The top photo of him is hilarious!

Holli said...

Han ran away? For how long?!

Deb said...

He was gone from Tuesday evening to Thursday evening. Not a terribly long time, but it was raining the whole time, so we were worried he was sick and dying somewhere. :)

unspkblejoy said...

LOVE the kitten picture!

Amanda said...

OH NO! I bet Pumpkin was worried too.

(Why won't Linus run away?!)