Sunday, November 23, 2008

Something to be thankful for

I've prayed off and on the last two weeks for something to be thankful for.
This morning our pastor gave a really great message on things we can be thankful for in the wow and the woe, since we know both things happen in life--the wow and the woe. Three things we can be thankful for no matter what life will bring:
1. God answers prayer
--It may not be fair, but it's excellent
2. God breaks down barriers
--See God, not the barriers. God will remove them if it furthers His mission
3. God's soverign plans are unstoppable
--The gospel is unstoppable

I'm praying for more things to be thankful for...that God would overwhelm me with the knowledge of the blessings I have in Christ.

1 comment:

Holli said...

I'm thankful to spend time with friends in a few weeks!