Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twisted McDonalds

So Luke and I wanted a McFlurry last night after supper, and before Wednesday night youth group, so we went to the Hamilton McDonalds--the one without the huge stand-up golden arches. It was on the way to church.

So, I ordered and was helped by a teenage girl. She seemed to be having some trouble ringing it up. She saw I had a credit card and she said, "OK, swipe it." I noticed she gave me no total, but I swiped the card anyway thinking I would look at the receipt later and make sure everything turned out OK.

The girl laid the receipt on the tray and we all waited as her co-worker made the ice cream. I watched her help another customer, and while the manager came to help her, she casually came over to my tray, picked up the receipt, crumpled it, and put it in her pocket. "What the what?"

The teenage boy got done with the ice cream and I asked for a receipt. He wasn't sure where it was so he got the manager. The manager looked up my order on the register, and after some confusion, we figured out that she had charged me for two Mcflurrys (we had a coupon for buy one get one free), and two drinks. Our total came to about $10. It should have been about $2.50. I told the manager he could find the original receipt in his worker's pocket.

Crazy!!

3 comments:

Holli said...

The biggest question here is, what kind of McFlurry did you get?

unspkblejoy said...

Whoa, good work Deb. Ridding the world of injustice one Mcflurry at a time!

Liz said...

What in the world?! I'm kind of confused! Did the girl take your receipt because she didn't want you to see how much she charged you? This is all so strange...like you wouldn't eventually ask for another receipt!