
Last night Luke and I watched Fireproof. I figured it was a Christian movie because of the presence of Kirk Cameron, and the fact that the Christian Book Store used it as its cash cow for like a year. Well, we Netflixed it, and sat down with popcorn to watch Kirk's newest. Within the first five minutes we had poked fun at Kirk twice, criticized the leading actress' acting, and knew how the movie was going to turn out without any prior knowledge of the movie. Yes, it had its cheese factor, but it had its thoughtful factor too. It presented an interesting concept, and no matter how a good Christian may struggle or resist, they can't help but take away a challenge to do right. Oh, and who doesn't like to see Mike Seaver? I don't know any child of the 80's who wouldn't enjoy Mike Seaver, no matter how 'crazy' he got after that 'God stuff' happened to him.
Luke must have taken a page from 'The Love Dare' book, stuck it under his pillow, and let it soak into his brain last night. (Truth be told, he must do this every night, but I'll just tell you about today's abundant evidence.) Luke woke up twice during the night to help Hope fall back asleep. This consisted of walking into her room while she was wimpering, and putting the pacifier back in her mouth. We're not sure why she wakes up randomly during the night, but then falls immediately back to sleep. Then, when she was READY to be up at 6:45 Luke got up with her. He sat with her while she ate, and while she watched Baby Einstein, and watched her while he made breakfast for me. At 8:30 I woke up to find eggs and toast and a happy baby. ( I also found that my cat Pumpkin had again played with Hope's socks, and lost another single sock. Now I have two socks without a match.) Then Luke told me that it would be OK with him if I went to Sioux City by myself today to shop or go to Panera, or whatever. So, here I am, at Panera, loving that I got to get ready to go somewhere today, and that it's just me. I thought I would write a quick post since I had time, and this is what came to mind.
While sitting here, I've listened to other people gossip, watched people read, and order, and make polite conversation. Panera really spans generations.
Well, the end.
2 comments:
Yay for "me time"!
You were at Panera ALONE! Don't you know my phone number!?!? :)
PS- Mike Seaver! :)
Post a Comment