
I've been saving this voicemail for months now because I think it just says so much about normal life for the Demarests. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it until I wrote a transcript here for you. It makes me laugh a lot.
A little background before the transcript: the caller is a former student of Luke's. With two years of college under his belt, it is clear he hasn't forgotten how fun it can be to come home. He was also a core member of a group of, now former, high-schoolers who would make anyone double over in fits of laughter. This boy also attends our church, so we see him regularly.
"Mr. Demarest, this is Andrew...Baker, son of Paul and Lori. um. We just got word that Michael Aman is going to be in town only 'til Thursday. So we all scrambled, and we're gonna get Halo night going at my house, tomorrow night, Tuesday night, May thirty-first, maybe June first, I don't know, but I'm fairly confident now that you know which Tuesday night I'm referring to. Um, but this is very important, I mean Micahel's here, it will be the only chance this summer. You know, I may have to work at six o'clock in the morning Wednesday, but I'm sacrificing for the good of the whole to have it. You know, so we're expecting you here no matter what, Demarest. So, please give me a call when you get this to let me know that you're coming and that'd be great. Peace and love bro-chacho."
Luke did not attend this Halo party. He had already used his late-night gaming party pass for the 'quarter' a few days before we received Andrew's call. Also, it turns out this party did not get started until around midnight because of someone's car trouble.
I think I can erase the message now.
1 comment:
Halo= barf...
Post a Comment