

We continue to try to find a suitable name for baby #3. We have many ideas. It is our custom in life as a Demarest family to make decisions at the final minute. There has been much talk and debate, but we will hold off on the final decision until we can hold her, most likely.
As is apparent, today we had an ultrasound to check the baby's kidneys. This has been an on-going issue with our wee one. She has had some extra fluid in her kidneys indicating a problem with draining. Today we saw that one of her kidneys is measuring perfectly, but the other one is still a little large. Our doctor said we need to let our pediatrician know after she is born, and within a week they will do an ultrasound to check the size again. If it continues to be a problem there will be a surgical procedure when she is 4 or 5 years old. 499 times out of 500 the issue resolves itself. We are thankful for her wonderful health otherwise, and the fact that this complication is no worse.
We found out she is 5.6 pounds right now. She is no longer breech. So great to be able to see her.

2 comments:
Oh, I thought for sure you guys have been hiding a name for months now!
Glad to hear the kidney, non-breech and weight news! Maybe all along you should have been allowed off bedrest on the weekends. :)
I have a name guess!
Post a Comment