Friday, January 20, 2012

Dancing with Jesus


I don't know how age works in Heaven.
I like to picture Gracie as actually being 4 years old, full of joy, exploring every nook and cranny of her Heavenly mansion, soaking up knowledge, dancing and singing without a care. In Heaven nothing hinders her from complete confidence and trust. She is a whole, lovely, healthy, and strong little girl.
I miss her and cry for her today.
Grace, I know if you would have lived you would not have been perfect or happy all the time, but as it happens, that's all you've ever known. And that's the image I will carry with me everyday of my life.
We love you and desperately long to hold you. Maybe you would let me rock you and hug you and kiss you a little bit better than miss Hope. Maybe Hope will grow out of it. She doesn't understand that Mommy just needs a few more of those today.
Thank you Jesus for the hugs you've given me today via my 'coffee friends'.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I thought about your footloose and fancy free little four-year-old all day yesterday. I also don't know how age works in Heaven, but I imagine the cutest little girlie. :)

Holli said...

I imagine her as four too. Looking a lot like her little sisters. :)