Thursday is an easy day for me to find time to write down a few thoughts. Should I give you an idea of our new normal?
Monday: Dr. appt. days. Grandma Jo comes over for the whole day. She gets Hope out of bed while Luke and I are getting cleaned up. Hope sits down for breakfast, and I join her shortly. Grandma prepares and cleans up breakfast. Then we play. I sit/lounge. Hope talks and walks. Grandma plays and helps with dishes or laundry. Grandma makes us lunch, and somewhere in the day Hope takes 1-2 naps. At some point we go to Sioux City for a Dr. appt. Daddy gets home at 5:30. Usually on Mondays we have small group. This week we are going to try hosting it since we can't get out to go. We'll see how that goes, and if it will work to do that weekly/every other week.
Tuesday: Grandma comes again today and we have a similar day to Monday. Daddy gets home at 5:30.
Wednesday: Our friend from Moville comes to pick up Hope around 8:30. She stays there all day until Luke picks her up at 5:30. Quick time at home and then Hope and Luke are off to church for youth group. I suppose I will be reading a lot on these days.
Thursday: Grandma comes around 7am to pick up Hope. She drops her off at a friend's house from Correctionville where she plays all day. Luke picks up Hope from C-ville around 6. We have dinner and enjoy some time with Hope.
Friday: A lot like Tuesdays. Grandma cares for us, and Daddy comes home for the weekend.
AAAhhh, feels good to have a skeleton of a schedule. Everything should work out fine...until somebody gets sick or March brings us snow, but even then, we have plenty of willing helpers we can call.
We've had a friend volunteer to coordinate meals. Wow, what a blessing. There are people who have volunteered to come over and help clean, so I plan on playing it by ear in that aspect. I'll call someone up if it's been a week since the counters have been loved, not to mention the *ahem* bathroom.
We are so appreciative of the help, and also so glad that Hope can be home with me for much of the time.
I'm feeling good. We're praying for continued health for the baby; health for Hope, Luke, and me; blessings for those who are being so selfless and good to help us during this time; and God's sustaining work in our pregnancy.
Worst part so far: Not being able to pick up Hope when she looks up at me and holds out her hands.
Worst lingering effect of time in hospital: IV aftermath. After six, yes SIX, attempts at starting an IV I have been left with a numb part of my left hand. Apparently they hit a nerve, and the nurse says it will repair itself. I hope so. Ugh. It just creeps me out and gives me the willies. The only time I cried in the hospital was during the traumatizing IV experience. I have lived and learned from this one.
Well, we are patient for you, Baby girl. We hope to see you in 9+ weeks. It won't be easy, but you are worth it.
P.S. I'm tired of the cats sitting all over me already. They are tired of me pushing them away. They are tired of me not listening when they meow to get food or go outside. Man, cats just don't understand bedrest.
More later...
6 comments:
Yeah! You're back to blogville! I still check just about daily. :)
Double "yay" for Deb-blogs...or, maybe we should call them Deblogs???
Thankful that you have so many willing helpers around you! I'm sure you hear this from many, but I wish we were closer to be on that list!!! How wonderful it would be to come for the day and play Hope/clean/cook a meal/etc...
I hope you can see that the reason you are so surrounded by loving people, who are joyfully anxious to help you all, is because of the kinds of people/friends/inspirations you have been to those around you. Blessings spread!
I'm excited to read about your journey too, Deb! I can SO identify with your desire to pick up Hope and be a Mommy to her in all the ways you used to be. This will all be over soon though and eventually you will be holding two little girls in your arms! The sacrifices you make today will be very worth it when you see your new little baby girl.
I'm so thankful to the people who are helping you and I look forward to being with you in April!
P.S. Yay for the cute twin pic!
P.P.S. Call me anytime! I guarantee you, any frustrated thought you have, I've been there! I'll be praying for you!
Thankful for every day that baby keeps growing!
Get a chihuahua.
Post a Comment