Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Godfathers Fun


Today the senior high camp went to the water park in Fairmont, MN. I am the picture taker here at camp this summer, so I get to be everywhere the campers are, except when they go off campus. I sent a camera with them today. When they got home they had some fun pictures. It turns out they stopped at Godfathers on the way home and decided to surprise me with a little love. SO, my first for the day is that I received a message spelled out with straws. It said "We love Deb." This was amazing.

I would also like to mention another first that was a joy for me. Luke and I got to go to Walmart together today. This is our first Walmart trip together during camp. It was fun. The only things we got were camp stuff. Another first for today: rescuing my Nalgene from two very sneaky boys. They clipped it to the backstop on the kickball field. Andrew and Aaron, your time is coming. I think it is their goal to someday see my Nalgene in "Who owns me?" (A game we play at dinner times to help people reclaim their possessions. It is done in front of everyone.) I will have pictures of this tomorrow.
For those who are keeping track: I'm on Day 3 of the 6 day diet. Today was also hard as there were so many good desserts being made in the kitchen. Kelli asked and I will answer: we eat the same things everyday. No variation. We can't even chew gum. This diet is meant to really flush out your system. You loose some water weight. All the water you drink goes right through you. I'm never hungry b/c I'm eating all the time. I am, however, very hungry for something different. After the meal where we have the potato we are supposed to exercise for 45-60 minutes, but not vigorously. The plan says to go for a brisk walk or something like that. At camp we are so active ALL DAY, we figure that if we don't get to the 45 minute thing, we're probably ok.
I will leave you with a picture I really like. These are my cats. Pumpkin and Han (Solo). They are quite a bit bigger now, but not a year old yet. Pumpkin is on the left and Han is on the right. I named one and Luke named the other. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that Luke named Pumpkin...
:)