Today I had my first grapefruit. Wow. I thought it was really good. Everytime I put another bite into my mouth I had to readjust to the taste. I put a lot of Sweet and Low on it to help. Some wise, all-knowing friends in all things food told me I would need it. I know I will try it again. I think it will be even better next time.
I am on Day Two of a 6-day detox diet. Along with Mandy Shew and Debra Wittrock. Debra really likes milk. Organic is not her favorite though. Debra is one of my roommates this summer. She actually lives right across the hall. Her duties this summer include camp nurse, general know-it-all, and Bryan's roommate. :)Mandy is drinking out of my Nalgene. She's always wanted to be me. She tries to hide it, but I know what she's thinking. She's the one who is trying to get me to try all these new foods. They are actually mandatory, as regulated by our detox diet. Ugh, it's only day two... we eat five times a day and drink 3 Nalgenes of water. Here's the menu. This may be interesting to some:
Breakfast: 3 egg whites and a 1/2 grapefruit or mixed berries

Morning snack: grilled turkey and greens
Lunch: Grilled chicken and rice and mixed veggies
Afternoon snack: Grilled tuna and greens
Dinner: Grilled chicken and a POTATO and a BANANA! I love this meal.
So, we're in it together. Well, almost together. Today Mandy cheated. She went to Sioux Falls with her family and ate at HuHot. That's not the worst of it though. Later that day she went to Coldstone. So, Debra and I are in it together. You're only cheating yourself, Mandy.
Other firsts for today: I stepped in chicken grease and slipped and slided all over the kitchen. I finally got some good pictures of ultimate frisbee. (Andrew Klumpp was playing and he referred to his frisbee as Zweifel. Safe travels Jackie! Andrew got teary-eyed when I told him you flew to Australia today!) And, um, I'm sure there were more. It's wonderful to be purposefully expanding my horizons.
4 comments:
Deb- what is and why are you doing the de-tox diet??? Do you eat those same foods every day or do you get varieties?
Interesting...please, tell me more!
Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious...but can you put yummy things on your potato? Like cheese and butter? I'd assume probably not....
NO, nothing on the potato. Nothing on ANYTHING, unless it's sweet and low. Pretty bland.
Deb, I'm super super curious why you are doing this - and does it feel like you are eating a ton when you eat 5 meals a day??? Where did this idea come from?
and are you exercising? I'm so curious!
Post a Comment