Friday, January 19, 2007

Give Oatmeal a chance


January is national oatmeal month. This is because more oatmeal is consumed during the month of January than any other month.

In honor of national oatmeal month I have decided to give oatmeal a chance. It's true, I've never had oatmeal. Wait, not true. I've had oatmeal in like desserts and stuff, but never in the purest form--like you'd have for breakfast. I'm not even sure how to prepare it. So yes, by telling you this I'm giving Keith more reason to ask, "Have you had (insert food name here) before, Deb?" My mom must not like oatmeal because we never ate it for breakfast. I went to Walmart today and bought some oatmeal that is flavored like apples and cinnamon. I'm excited to try it tomorrow morning.

This is for you Bryan! It's for me too, because what if I really like it?? Now I have a good-for-you meal!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE oatmeal!

Bryan said...

Wanna know something ironic? I just finished a post that mentioned oatmeal like 3 minutes ago. Great minds think alike.

Jackie said...

I love that there were THREE "D to the eb" posts to read this morning! That's breakfast!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but I can not give oatmeal a chance. You are right, Mom must not have liked it. I remember one time Dale & Marty MADE me eat it at their house. I think I was maybe 8 or 9. I threw up.
AJR

Anonymous said...

Deb, oatmeal can be your friend. It will lower your cholesterol after all. Also, I think you're smart to start with a flavored variety, but don't be afraid to go plain then add your own D to the Eb re-mixes. Some of our favorites: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, fresh berries.....I'm getting hungry....

Other Mandy

Deb said...

So I tried it yesterday morning and I was extremely bothered by the mushyness. I'm a texture person when it comes to food, so the mushy factor was highly distracting--almost gag worthy. I'm going to give it another shot though. I have to. It took me 23 years to like tacos, so I owe this to oatmeal. I'm going to try it with something crunchy in it next time.