Friday, January 19, 2007

Mandy, meet Mandy

I figured a formal introduction would be appropriate.

I would like to introduce to you Amanda Roush. (Pronounced the same way as Miles' last name! Cool huh?) Amanda is married to Greg (Pronounced the same as Holli's last name! Cool huh?) They have three kids: Sam, Elijah, and Clara. Sorry I don't have a picture of Clara on my computer. I will remedy that...just not tonight. Amanda gets to spend lots of time with her kids during the day, and loves it that Sam is now potty trained. Amanda enjoys family, friends, being crafty, funny TV shows, meaningful talks about things that matter, and Hawkeye ball games. Amanda grew up the oldest of six kids.

I would like to introduce to you Mandy Shew. (Pronounced like "shoe".) Mandy is married to Keith who has a big mouth. (Get it? hahaha...heh...yah) They have two kids: Abbie and Adam. Mandy spends time with her kids at school sometimes, cooks amazing food at camp, and does many other things at camp and around the community (like waiting in line for a Playstation 3). Mandy enjoys family, friends, being crafty, camp, Guitar Hero, and Cornhusker football. Mandy grew up the youngest of 7-8 kids. I don't remember how many...either 7 or 8. I've included a picture of Mandy that has Bryan Johnson in it. This way you can see him as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you try hard enough, I think you can connect us all to Kevin Bacon.

Anonymous said...

Deborah, you are so sweet. Thank you for the very kind introduction. I just want everyone to know that the reason I'm so large in that picture is because I'm 6 months pregnant with Clara. So ... Clara is actually in that picture, just hidden under my UNI sweatshirt! Nice. Another thing that I think is funny is that Sam has his lightsaber with him in that picture. I guess a true Jedi is never without it. Especially at Christmas, huh? It's risky being around Uncle Luke without your weapon. It was a pleasure to meet you, Other Mandy. You have beautiful children. It was so good to see you today, Deborah Puff. I love you. Miss you already. Sissy

Anonymous said...

Alpha-Mandy, it was a pleasure to meet you as well! Another similarity we share - we also have a young jedi-warrior living in our house. He, too, is almost never without his lightsaber. Now that I see that you are a supporter of all things StarWars and the Jedi arts, I know that not only do you have a wonderful name...you are also a wonderful parent.

Deb said...

Aw, this is great. Such love and kindness being displayed. I'm such a proud mediator.

Really good to see you too, AJR. As I watched your van drive off into the swirling snow, "I said a little prayer for you!"