Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I did not want to go get the mail today! I've had so much trouble with insurance companies and hospitals billing me for things that should have been covered. Every trip to the PO Box was like a walk to school when it's raining and a huge car drives by and splashes water all over your new clothes. With all these confusions, it's required me to stay inside on the phone connected to the wall, so I won't use up my cell phone minutes, for 15-30 minutes at a time to clear things up. With a feeling of false relief I will go about my day. Next week I will be sadly reminded of the mix-up when I'm looking another bill in the face. Seriously! Why is it my job to get the hospital and insurance company to communicate with each other?

Anyway, today I was afraid to look in the mail. I was curious when I saw a little key to a bigger PO Box nestled in our box. I opened the bigger box and found this!:
Oh my goodness! How exciting! AND how cute! I love the pink envelope! "This has totally made my day!" "Thank you, thank you! I don't even know what it is. Even if it's (insert worst thing possible here) I'm still so thankful for it!" I restrained myself from opening it because I wanted to take a picture. After the picture I ripped it open and was delighted. I was beaming when I tried on my brand new church-ready maternity shirt! I had Luke take a picture a couple of hours later, after a day spent at home, so excuse the unkempt look.

So, I'm thrilled to have a lovely brown top to wear to church. This will grow with me too!

Well, here's an update!

We had an appointment on Monday afternoon. The appt. included an ultrasound. We told the lady we would really love to know the gender. We all looked intently and she showed us her reasons for being 85% sure that this little one is a...
GIRL!!!

I was told to not go out and buy pink paint, but to wait for our August 10th ultrasound when we'll get to do a video and see the baby in 3D. We'll be able to tell for sure by then. The doctor said she was noticing that the placenta is still lower than she would like, but there's still a lot of time for it to relocate higher.

Thank you, Jesus. We're so thankful for Your righteous hand that holds this baby and us in your ever-capable hands. There is no place we will go where you have not already been. There is no place we will be or feeling we will feel that you have not already known. We praise you for the length of this pregnancy so far (almost 21 weeks!), and for how long it will continue to go, and for how you are forming this baby to love you with (her) whole heart. We ask that (she) will be great for you, that (she) will honor you with (her) life from birth, and that the light and life in (her) eyes will be a testament to your unfailing love and goodness and grace. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! :)

Holli said...

A baby (girl)! How wonderful! Congratulations! I love reading about your updates and daily adventures. :)