Monday, July 10, 2006

Today's Firsts

So yesterday I said that I wanted to do something new everyday. Well today I did. They may seem pretty insignificant, but I was proud of myself non-the-less. Like I said, there are so many things I have not done, or tasted, that are just like, "what have you been doing all your life? Seriously, everyone has done this but you!" Here are the things that I did for the first time today.

1. I ate fresh snap peas

2. I ate fresh green beans

3. I ate a mixed berry assortment for breakfast. This included blackberries which I have never tasted before. This was an especially hard thing for me because I don't like the seeds that come with eating berries. The assortment looked just like the picture.

4. I ate fresh green pepper slices

5. I went to camp without makeup on today. This was interesting. I didn't feel like myself. Kind of weird how that happens.

That's it for today. All this week there will be something new!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ate strawberries? YOU? How was the texture for you?

I love green peppers..dipped in ranch.

I can't wait for more "firsts". Maybe "I caught an intruder today"...?

Deb said...

yes, i know, i ate strawberries. we'll see what happens, maybe the texture will grow on me.

Kelli B said...

DEB!!!

Every time I eat strawberries, I think of you. I remember all those times you'd refuse them - "no like the seeds" you would say! Hahah! I'm sooo proud of you friend! :)

Green peppers and ranch - I second that. Yummy yummy. I like red and green peppers together - dipped in ranch.

You are so brave! Way to go Deb!